Sunday, March 9, 2008

Another long weekend at the plot


The flower border
Originally uploaded by Marj Joly.
Gardened Saturday and Sunday. Yesterday Mike helped us with the final digging over of the path, and then helped lay the bricks to form the main path from the entrance to the beginning of the partitioned Japanese Knotweed area.

Today I finished the brick work, but I think I will leave the smaller stones until I am ready to complete each bed. This afternoon I finished the structure of the flower border, shown in the picture. This is a rather ambitious project, but if it works should be great. It will have twelve different plants in it. Some are coming on at home, and others will be sown direct in the ground over the Easter weekend. I have added some light and heavy horse manure tom 2/3 of the bed. Some areas are quite soggy, and it needs something to break it up a bit.

No comments: