Saturday, January 6, 2007

Lost sleep

Well its 2.16am here in East London, and so far I've had no sleep. Part of this is because my neighbours downstairs are having a party which involves turning the music up loud from time to time just as you think you getting to sleep and playing some of their favourite tunes; wet, wet, wet is on currently, but we have had tina turner, rod stewart (definitely a favourite of downstairs), andy stewart and the proclaimers. Oh and there is lots of shouting too.

The other thing keeping me awake is worrying about the allotment society. I'm secretary of our Society, and there is so much to do at the moment in sorting out whats happening with our new land, and getting ready to give up some of our current land at the end of the month, and trying to keep on top of communicating this all to our members. I made a list to try and empty my mind, but there is too much noise downstairs to let me just sleep...maybe I should do some of it now? But I need to rest as am meeting some flickr friends tomorrow, which have been really looking forward to. Oh my god its the Proclaimers again...500 miles. I wish they were all 500 miles away right now.

Back to the allotments. We have made so many changes to get our Society back on track, after a period of several years where basically it stagnated. If for some reason we are unable to obtain more land a lot of people will be very unhappy. There have been allotments on our site for over 100 years, and from 300 plots in 1942, we are now down to 34. We have a waterside view, and can see the sky, which is something I associate with living in the countryside. Given we are not far from central London, that is pretty special. Please let it all be alright.

2 comments:

LoopZilla said...

I am sorry I missed that party....

LoopZilla said...

I know that the allotment is a special place, and we do have a unique setting, with the tidal part of the River Lea alongside around half of the plots.

The allotments have grown, and will continue to grow. The vision exists and we about to make a giant leap. The new land is different, but has some advantages. After all, we probably will not have to dig up sheet of asbestos before we plant anything!